Friday, February 28, 2014

A Grammy Bag

Ok, so I do tend to think far, far, far into the future....but, if one is prepared, then one is ready for what may come one's way.
I am talking about grandchildren.
We don't have one yet. But, the other day, I was out with a friend and saw a Grandma, out with family, and she had a bag. Cute bag. When little grandchild got restless, she pulled out a coloring book and crayons. The lightbulb went off in my head.
Why not make one (or more) of these bags? Just because I am not there yet, doesn't mean I won't be.
So, with the last discount quilt square from JoAnn's, I created a Grammy bag!
I quilted the square you see here, then found more remnant fabric for the back.
The last bag I made didn't have any pockets, so I made a good deep pocket for inside.
Then I had an oops moment.
When you are creating on the fly, that moment happens. I stitched the pocket side onto the wrong side for when It was turned right side out. Shoot. Hate when that happens! And I realized that the thread showed on the outside, and it wasn't pretty. What to do? Rip it all out? Heavens no. Create another pocket for the outside, being sure to use pretty thread and put it together correctly. Now the Grammy bag has two pockets and it looks wonderful.

The straps were also made from scraps, I had just enough! I love when a plan comes together, sans a pattern!
Hope you have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: