Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Creating Art....

I have been very busy of late....
Quilting has been the mainstay of my days...and in between I have been getting things sort of organized and preparing for my sister's visit.
I finally cleaned up the guest room, finding the bed that had been a "dumping" ground for various things here and there....
And when I cleaned up in the craft room closet, I found this little pillow I had made for the WildOakDesigns store (now closed). I felt it was a perfect pillow for the guest room. Plus, I found this teddy bear...who couldn't sleep here??
Then, I got going for what seems like weeks now, cutting hundreds of squares for a quilt I had in mind. I finished the quilt top a few days ago, it looks like this...
It is a single Irish Chain pattern, it uses two beige backgrounds, and a variety of dark brown background fabrics....can you see the "chain"?
Then yesterday I decided how I want to quilt this top...and spent 7 1/2 hours quilting....


As you can see, I quilted the squares...then the center squares are getting a different pattern quilted in them, I am waiting for a stencil....
The border is big because I wanted to do a pattern on that too...so you can see I have been busy.
I will show you when it is finished....in between my sister's visit and the Super bowl.....
Have a great day!
Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Goins said...

Hi Nancy, checking out your blog, love the quilt! I have several cheap storebought ones and one handed down to me from my mother in law I cherish.Her Mother hand stiched, it is awesome!Thanks for stopping by please check out the updated post just for you.

Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations.com