Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas in the House

After Thanksgiving, out come the decorations. In years past, the front hallway would be awash in boxes of Christmas decorations, as we dug through what would be used.
But this year, Hubby and I are going a much simpler route. Simplify. That is the mantra. almost impossible in most ways, but for Christmas, we can do that. So, we pulled down a couple of boxes in the garage, looked through what we wanted and put the box back!
Then, we took down another, and put that back. Why, even when we put the lights on the outside of the house we finished, and put the boxes back! Trust me, that is not the usual way we do it and it is wonderful to pull out what you need and put it back.....
So, so far, this is what we did....

First up was the mantel. Down went the Fall decor and out came the candles and mercury glass. I haven't quite finished here, as I want to get out more holly and berries....
I wanted a touch of the "rustic" here so I used the webbing. Once it is all done, I think it will be quite nice.
 Next to the fireplace, a poinsettia in a crock with books and a French wine jug....
On the coffee table, I filled the trifle bowl with an orchid in a crock and then with moss and under the moss is Paper whites...and my silver pears that are candles, but I have never burned them....

In the hall, I have this print that I love, I put a little "whimsy" on top with a dash of color....

The dining room window got a fresh wreath in the window, and my chicken feeder, now has paper whites under the moss, just starting to peek through....
And in the family room, just a touch...a poinsettia in one of my crocks...
I am going to put the Christmas village up in the Living room and the tree, when we do, I will show you...
In the mean time, tell me what decorating you are doing... Are you doing a great deal? or going simple this year?
Nancy

No comments: