Saturday, September 14, 2013

Blueberry buckwheat pancakes

I know. I am supposed to be dieting. Ha! Then, how come when Saturday rolls around, I crave pancakes?
Well, trying to make them a bit more healthy, I made them with buckwheat flour, well, not completely as that makes it a bit heavy. So, I looked up a few recipes and came up with my own.
The main thing that makes it work? Buttermilk......

Just like any other pancake really, just substituted some buckwheat flour, and used a buttermilk pancake recipe. The problem was, the recipe really feeds a family of 6 or more.....
I added a few fresh blueberries to the top of the pancakes and when they were cooked on that side, I flipped them and finished them. Yummmm
In a saucepan I took about a tablespoon of water and about a cup of blueberries and 3/4 cup of sugar and cooked that into fresh blueberry syrup....served the pancakes with butter, powdered sugar and the syrup and we both have enough energy to do almost anything....well, perhaps after a little nap....LOL
We do plan to work in the garden this morning....
Have a great day.
Nancy

1 comment:

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

These look yum think I will try them-love dee x