Saturday, September 28, 2013

Around the House

Around here at our home, we have an ongoing issue. Organization.
Reorganizing what we have with stuff we brought in from Hubby's Dad's house. It has become all encompassing. Every part of the not very large home has been touched. We are making headway, but it seems sometimes overwhelming. Do you ever feel that way??
Well, today I am cheering for the small things that get done.

Now this looks a bit problematic, however this antique armoire's shelf had collapsed, spilling the entire contents out its doors. Because one side of this armoire's doors (left) do not really work anymore, I needed a plan....
Well, there was this plastic shelf system that we adopted from Hubby's Dad, and it fit perfectly!  Well, only 36" long, but since the one side really can't be used due to the door, it was perfect...
Now, I have access to the quilts and blankets that I store in there. Gee, I didn't know I had stuffed so many in there! Poor armoire..... This really does look better than it did and no nails in an antique to build shelves!
So, one has to enjoy the smallest of organizing successes....right? Here is one. A great little corner of olive wood cutting boards. They are art and at the ready. Yeah, another collection. However I do use them, as hors d'oeuvre boards.....

And Hubby's Aunt brought the most delicious apples from her ranch in Julian.....fresh yummy apples, another simple pleasure!
 Another simple pleasure, sunflowers in the kitchen! I have a small vase inside of the crock holding the sunflowers, and around the outside staying dry is dried lavender.....
So, as we organize slowly, I am focusing on the little things.....
How do you go through a huge undertaking??
Have a great weekend!
Nancy

No comments: