Saturday, August 17, 2013

Definitely, not a diet!

We have been working hard. Very hard. So, when I realized that what I planned for dinner didn't work, mainly, it wasn't thawed. I didn't have to go far to come up with dinner. It wasn't however, dietetic.
But I am getting ahead of myself.
If you recall, there is a garage full of boxes to go through...and if you know me at all, that is totally unacceptable. I like things where they belong and that is not what is happening. It is an important to make the progress happen, but I like our cars in the garage, and now they are not, for an indetermined amount of time.....
So, as I had promised Hubby, to celebrate we would have a "regular" morning complete with a real breakfast with bacon. So, I made crepes with bacon to start our day. It was hard for me not to jump up and go work on boxes.....
Then, when Hubby was in the shower, I "going to go explore the garage".....
Before I knew it, I was knee deep in boxes and loading the cars with discards.....
Then, Hubby said we were going to take a load to Goodwill and then go to Roger's Gardens to get the Lobster rolls from Cousins Lobster food truck.......
Fast forward hours, I had been banned from the garage to garden which I did, and then dinner loomed on the horizon....what to serve?
Homemade pizza with garden fresh veggies and a fig pie! Yeah, no diet here.....



But hey, digging through boxes requires energy and comfort food.....
Have a great weekend....
Nancy

No comments: