Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did, although I am still tired.
The floors were done on Saturday and I spent Sunday, cleaning up the dust that got everywhere from the guys cutting into the brick of the fireplace for the floor and then bringing the books in.
We decided that the new baseboards behind the bookcases, with just a couple of thin coats of paint will not get the formal painter's touch. I just had to get the bookcases back and books too, as they were sitting on dropcloths in the garage for about three weeks...
So, everything else is on felt pads and can be moved, so that the painter can finish off baseboards and paint the newly patched wall.
In general, we are so happy with our floors. Kinda like living in a model home, and I have become a bit OCD about cleaning. That is what the Bona swiffer and Miele vacuum is for!
Here are some views that I took this gloomy morning.
This is the view this morning into the family room from where I sit everyday...
This is the view of the kitchen from where I sit, without extra light...
Here is a view from the kitchen doorway to the table. I recently took the shades off of the chandelier and put on soft white bulbs...it feels good.....
Here is the view from the kitchen doorway to the livingroom....I am loving this open feeling that taking out the pony walls afforded us!
Our living room, not at all finished, there is still a bunch to do, but we need to paint baseboards and that wall that was patched before filling things back up...Don't you think the wood floors are great? Much better than 20 yr old blue carpet.
And here is the family room, with the books....
The bookcases feel so much better being painted the same wall color and then the backs of the bookcases are painted French Linen (ASCP). It is cozy and comfortable.
All in all, a great choice of floor covering for us...It is a medium dark color with lots of variation to go with variety of dark furniture (and some light) that we have inherited and collected. Every piece of furniture, even the Lazy Boy chairs, has a story to tell. That is very cool.
Hope you have a great day.
Nancy
I had a question from a reader....the floor is Garrison's Southern Carolina Classics, a 5"w with random length planks, and it is hickory...hope that helps.....

2 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

So pretty are your floors. I love the color of the wood. Everything looks so bright and pretty. I love your shelves especially your cow on the shelf. Adorable.
Kris

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning! Many thanks for coming to visit my post and for the invitation to come back here to take a peek at YOUR WORLD! Isn't it fun to create our spaces where we LIVE and not just inhabit?

Your white and natural wood d├ęcor is stunning. Thank you for visiting! Anita