Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Paint, paint, and more paint

Well, remember the white section on the wall, behind where the bookcases sat (for 20 years I might add)?
Well, I painted, as promised, and now the wall is fresh and clean....before we put bookcases back....

However, while I was at it, I had an idea. The space is so wonderful without the bookcases, but I am not giving up on them, so why not paint the bookcases the color of the walls, to minimize them, make them almost seem like they are floating.....well, maybe.....

So, the main part of the bookcases are Cappuccino by Restoration Hardware and the backs are French Linen. I had started painting the backs before they came out, and decided that is a nice and subtle way to add gray without being in your face....afterall, the books cover a great deal of the color....
Yes, this is my very disorganized and messy garage....projects like new floors tend to fill the garage up....eventually, we will reorganize and "pretty" it up.....
So, the bookcases go from white to Cappuccino....and the floors to wood. Should be well, quite monochromatic....allowing the little touches here and there to add the splash....
What do you think??
Have a great day,
Nancy

1 comment:

Marina Pérez said...

Great Idea and Great Job! Congratulations, I want to see the bookshelves in its place.
Thanks for sharing your work
Marina