Thursday, May 16, 2013

It works!

Okay, so the internet is a wonderful source of info...as is Pinterest and blogging....
I found a recommendation to use one 325mg tablet of aspirin diluted in 1 qt of water and sprayed on roses to help fight rust, black spot and powdery mildew....
What the heck, I would give it a try...
So I started spraying the two roses at the front of the house that were very sick with rust. They were bad....I had used the Bayer 3in1 stuff to no avail, rust was still coming.....
So, I fixed up the aspirin and sprayed and sprayed and poured it on at the roots....
Guess what? It worked!

This is the new growth that has occurred in the last week...
From what I have read, it actually kills the rust on contact, but more importantly the aspirin is assimilated into the plants system when sprayed on and helps the plants immune system...hey, whatever...it really seems to work!
Just sayin......
Nancy

2 comments:

Jann Olson said...

Wow, I love it when we can find easy ways to battle problems. So happy that it worked. Your roses will be so happy too! Now a new follower.
hugs,
Jann

Marina PĂ©rez said...

I've had the same problem two weeks ago but I purchased a special product for roses in the supermarket. It worked and my plant looks exactly like yours with those leaves tender and red.

Hugs from Jerez (Spain)