Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Gray and White Toile

You would think, that with all the Gray being used out there, there would be more gray and white toiles.
Well, I did find some gorgeous versions of gray and white toiles, but they were sky high, and most of them would require me to do the sewing. I don't really like making big bed items, small ones yes, but not the queen and king size....
I wanted gray introduced into the bedroom, especially since I just painted the bed French Linen and it is now gray......
Here is the bed yesterday.....

The yellow in the quilt wasn't bad, it just didn't work quite so well...I needed gray. So, I looked and looked and looked.....
You can find solid gray everywhere, but a French Country style pattern was harder to find. In fact, almost impossible....
Then, on Ebay on found a soft gray and white toile. Now it isn't perfect, it is more of a tropical type print, and I might have liked a cream instead of bright white....but on the other hand I have white Damask dust ruffles.....
So, Here is what I have today....


I love the soft gray in the toile, and then the whole quilt has a solid gray binding.  Also this is a queen size which normally would be too short on such a big bed, but it is 84 x 92....a generous size for a queen and it comes with two pillow shams! And, to top it off, it is a lighter quilt than the yellow one, so it will do nicely for months....
Yay! I have gray in the bedroom.....
What do you think?
Nancy

2 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Nancy,
The gray is really pretty. I love it.
Kris

melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle said...

It looks beautiful! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle