Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Following up

So, I promised I would follow up on the use of Hydrogen Peroxide in our fountain.
I am more than pleased with its results!
Here is the picture just a few hours after I put it in....

And here is the fountain two days later....

It is the clearest it has been since the day we put it in, really. Even the rocks are clear! It doesn't drive away the birds, in fact, there seem to be even more birds.
The article I read said it doesn't hurt birds, I can't account for fish or other creatures....
However, for the average fountain, this is wonderful! It works so much better than the expensive stuff that we bought and is far more natural! So, I give this tip an A+!
Following up with Favas....
our Favas were giving us a second growth and more favas. However, the old growth was looking nasty and there were many little flying bugs that liked them too. So, wanting to move on with crops in our tiny yard, the Favas have been pulled out. I needed to make room for the regular beans that I wanted to plant....so I collected the last crop, another pound or so of Favas. So, for never having grown Favas, I give them and A+ as a crop, and they will be planted again this Fall, in a different box.
Here is the box they came out of today....
Next year, I need to remember to plant the tall beans in the back box...so we don't lose our views....
Hope you have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: