Saturday, May 4, 2013

Baby Shower

I was lucky. My girls asked me to host a shower for a friend of theirs having her second baby.
Of course! In May, with the roses blooming, I would love to. With grand plans to have our party in the garden we planned....
Well, Mother Nature had other plans for the weather....yesterday it was in the high 80's, today it was about 70 and windy...too windy to be outside for a tea party. So, we "downgraded" and had our tea inside. We still had a great time.



 Emily, my daughter and I came up with a fabulous recipe for scones. Most scone recipes are really rather dry and dull...these, well they are really something special and I am glad to have them in the repertoire.
Everything one needs for a perfect "high" tea and a baby shower, including all the cups and saucers.
 We had iced tea, in case the weather was hot....but it was not.....
 This is the "original" vegetable garden....
 And though we couldn't spend much time in the garden due to the cold winds, we still managed to enjoy the day and share in the party to celebrate the coming of baby Mary Ann....
Thanks all for letting me be a part of it ....
Nancy

2 comments:

Marina PĂ©rez said...

Wow! What a beautiful party! Your guests must be very happy, I would be. Sometimes I think the stork was wrong when left me in Spain. I like very much the USA habits

Jill - Professional Doctorate said...

Congratulations! The party was swell! I simply adore your girls for having excellent teamwork in hosting the baby shower. It was truly a success! Anyway, I’m just curious. Are they expecting for a girl or a boy? Well, being a mother is a blessing. Happy mother’s day to all moms!