Sunday, April 7, 2013

Project complete

Years ago, Hubby and I wanted to buy a real bed frame, not just a metal one, but one that had posts and all. Well, we found one at a consignment store that was a bargain. The only thing I didn't like then was the color. It was an orangey cherry color and I remember saying I'd like to paint it....way back then....
It was a canopy bed, and although we tried the canopy, it didn't fit the room right, so we haven't put that back on, opting just for the four tall posts.
So, for those years, I have leaned the pillows up against the headboard. Partly in attempt to hide its color ....
A couple of months ago, I mentioned that I'd like to paint the bed. Hubby said, "Ok". Yup, he did....
Guess what color I wanted to paint it??
Yup, French Linen!
So, I started and ran out of the color! At least, I got most of the color on before....but it needed another coat.....and of course a touch of dry brushed colors here and there....
So, I got more and finished it off today.....


I realize some people think that painting the bed is a bad idea, but from our eyes, it is more restful in the room and blends the colors now well.....
So, that is what I got to do today.....
Hope your weekend is good....
Nancy

3 comments:

Barbara Lilian said...

Hi I've just found your blog while reading your comment on garden ideas for Sharon - My Country Home. I liked your suggestions for her garden make over. My life seems pretty much like yours is. We are painting all of our living area, giving our house a re-vamp, changing to mostly white, haven't yet bought the paint for the walls but are thinking about a similar linen shade which you used. I liked what you had done, hope mine will turn out to look as good as yours. Mixed paint colours are always a risk and that's what we will have to buy, as here in France, we don't have much choice. Fibgers crossed.

Christine Vandormolen said...

I really like the light grey color you choose....fresh and crisp

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!