Monday, April 29, 2013

Layering it on

We recently painted our bed, taking away the orangey cherry stain and using French Linen a lovely gray....but it still needed something.
I started looking at appliques and couldn't find one that wasn't too Shabby Chic...I wanted a different feel....
I found a wonderful site online, Architectural Depot. It has lots of great things, including appliques (which they called onlays). I found one that fit the shape of the bed and fell in love with it. It was shipped quickly and packaged very well....and it looked like it was plaster, but it was indeed resin.
So, Saturday, after I painted it and waxed it, I applied it to the headboard. It took 30 minutes for the glue to set up enough that tape could finish the job. I rather like the look, and it is definitely not a shaker bed style anymore.....
 Tucker agrees......
I think it turned out fairly well....and it gives just that touch I was hoping for. Now if the new quilt that I ordered would arrive.......
Have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: