Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Country Wedding

Dear Readers,
You probably thought I had stopped writing....
Well, for the last few days I was up in the Redding area...well, technically Anderson, Cottonwood and Palo Cedro.
I went with my Daughter to go to a wedding!
My nieces both had bought farms....one on 8 acres, one on 10.
The Wedding was held at my niece's 10 acres...beautiful country and in the spring the countryside was filled with wildflowers and wildlife....
A truly simple (though not simple to pull off by the way) country wedding!
 This is the backdrop for the service.....
 Imagine this as your backyard!
The bride and groom did it all with the help of friends. They cooked and cooked and cooked. They had pulled pork, beef, and turkey....salads and breads (some of which my sister, daughter and I made)....
The tree pieces you see are all from trees on their property.
The land is beautiful and they have only been there since Thanksgiving on the ten acres.
It was indeed a lovely wedding....and a busy time.
We also got to visit my other niece and husband that had even more recently purchased a house and 8 acres.....lovely.
It was a great time all in all...and I am glad we went and am now home and glad to be home.....
Thanks to all....
Nancy


1 comment:

Hildred Congdon said...

That's one big farm; a great place for a wedding. It just requires a lot of work compared to other venues. But working with an event coordinator who knows his or her way into big events held in big venues, then it'd be all set. Achieving the privacy you wanted and being able to party all night long are proof enough to say you had a great wedding. Hildred@CGliv.com