Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two days worth

Ah, I am sorry. I didn't post what I did yesterday because I was too tired and ached all over. You see, I re-did the drapes in the dining room and family room.
What did I do? Well, my daughter agreed with me that the drapes were a bit too low, and with the ruffle they felt "dated".
So, we took them off their rods and moved all the supports up three inches. I couldn't do more than that because I am a "shrimp" and wouldn't be able to move the drapes, which are opened and closed everyday, by hand.
So, here is a picture of what the ruffle looked like.....
Now, by itself it wasn't awful, but there are 6 drapes in the family room and then the dining room is adjoining, so it felt overbearing....
So, now with three inches higher and no ruffle, here is what they look like....

Sorry it is a dark picture...what I was trying to accomplish is no really visible, I moved these drapes on the window side over 4" and up 3", so more of the window shows when they are open. To do that, I actually turned the mirror vertical so more drape can be in that area....(you'll have to take my word for it)...
Here is a dark picture of the dining room....sorry, but You get my "drift"...
That was yesterday.....
Today, well it was one of those days....
I did my taxes for my store....
made bread, painted doorknobs (spray painted them oil rubbed bronze), and did some laundry....
When I made the bread, I divided the dough so I could have some hamburger buns...
Isn't it funny I never thought of doing this before?? Really, it is just bread dough....I used the french bread recipe I have been using and just shaped some buns....

So, what have you been doing today??
Nancy

2 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Nancy,
You have been very busy. Those curtain look great and the homemade buns yum!!!!
Kris

Nicki Parrish said...

Very nice improvement on the curtains! They do look much better now!