Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tomato planting




Just a short entry today, it is too beautiful to be inside long. Spring has sprung and I will be out in it, fixing planter beds and planning the tomatoes!
One of the sites I have saved in my computer and their suggestions for planting tomatoes. Be prepared, there is a great deal that goes into their tomato plants. I am going to try it, at least some...

http://www.growbetterveggies.com/growbetterveggies/2012/04/how-i-plant-a-t.html

I had heard of some of it going into the plant hole, but not aspirin!
I have been saving egg shells and dutifully washing and drying them...especially the organic egg shells from the expensive eggs I bought at the Farmer's Market. (But they were so yummy)
The only place I can find Gardner & Bloom products is the Orange County Farm Supply in Orange, so I shall have to go there. These are great suggestions. We shall see.

If you have great suggestions for vegetable gardens, I would love to hear them!
Nancy


3 comments:

Marina PĂ©rez said...

I love growing vegetables, but last summer I only got one tomatoe sherry, so I'm afraid I can't help you, although this year I'm going to try it again. I hope news from yours

Marina

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am going to try a container vegetable garden this year! I can't wait to get started.

blessings,
karianne

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

I've never had much luck with tomatoes...always get bottom rot!
Hope you have a wonderful garden...
Blessings,
Cindy