Sunday, March 24, 2013

Seed starter tray

For lack of a better name, this old wooden box was for starting seeds. And, at one time I used it for that. However, it just sat beside the potting bench hoping for a better use.
Somewhere on a blog, I saw what looked like a wooden seed starter that had been turned into a tray. Ha ha! All I needed to do was clean it up, and paint it, and add handles.....
So, I super diluted French Linen, which made it look lovely....


I added the handles that got from the hardware store. It will make a great tray for transporting things out to the patio over the summer. I did keep the bottom "old" to show where it came from, and I plan to put little "rubber" feet on it, so it doesn't scratch anything.
I think it is kinda cool! I asked the Hubby, should I paint the bottom? He said, "nope it looks cool"....how neat is that??
Well, this weekend has been full. We had the parade yesterday.....
I cleaned out the front hall closet, taking out all the photo albums and boxes of prints and put them in the office. I then painted the entire front hall closet, using the ceiling paint from the livingroom. It is a touch of grey, mostly white. But it is all clean and fresh.
I emptied out the old, old trunk that I had been storing photos in and have placed that on craigslist, and will put the boxes of photos with the other photos.


My thinking is, one day, whether we use wood flooring or carpet, it will have to be done, so why not clean  up and organize while I can and be ready, right??
We purchased three more pots and tomatoes for the front yard....boy the neighbors are probably wondering.......
We had a power failure that came back on and left us at "brown-out" stage for over an hour, so we are hoping that the major appliances are all ok.....
So, what did you do this weekend??
 Blessings,
Nancy

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi, Nancy! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! I love your blog!

Your tray turned out so nice! I love old trays for everything, they really "ground" small pieces in vignettes and corral things on my counters. I grab them up whenever I can find them.

Good for you getting your closet done, not one of my favorite things to do but you feel so good afterwards!

Thanks again for visiting...I am a new follower! :)

XO,
Jane

Christine Vandormolen said...

love the old wooden box Nancy....one can never have enough old crates and trays...I am now following you. Christine

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Nancy, you have been one busy lady! :) Love your tray, it turned out great!

Ann said...

You've transformed your old wooden box beautifully and gave it a new life... it looks so lovely now.

pam {simple details} said...

I have an addiction to trays ~ yours turned out absolutely beautiful!!