Thursday, March 28, 2013

My drill

Yes, I know, there are a lot of drills in this household.....but, this one is mine.
Hubby's drills are hard to get to, and the useable ones are corded, making some uses difficult.
I wish I had had the drill when I redid the drapes a few weeks ago, but that is really what made me get one.
I went to the Ace Hardware nearby, they really helped me out. Yes, just like their ad, "the helpful hardware man".....
Anyway, I asked for a "lady's" drill, not too heavy or big....
Here is what he suggested....
(Don't you love the knitting needles in the background and spools of thread underneath??) It is a little drill, and it is only 12V, which means it is not intended for the big jobs.....which I wouldn't be doing anyway. I need it for hanging drapes, or putting in coat hooks or other small odd jobs....
By the way, the lady at Ace who checked me out, said her husband has one for all those "little" jobs and loves it. It keeps its charge and gets into those little spaces better than his other drills......
Afterall, with Rheumatoid Arthritis, my hands are not what they used to be, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks to Hubby, I got to buy this, for me and it lives in the craft room.

This is the reason I bought this version, the lithium battery. Hubby has had two "rechargeables" that would croak in the middle of jobs, only to have to spend more time charging than using....ever experience that? So, we paid almost $30 more to have the lithium battery. You might find it on Amazon for less (don't forget there is shipping though), but the price was fairly consistent between Ace and Home Depot....
I have used it so far to install a shelf bracket and coat hooks,  not bad for an "old" lady. I have a few things I am planning on, but I will show those later.
I just wanted to share my drill in case anyone was thinking of getting one.
It is just my opinion and choice, and I am not getting paid in any way for the info.....
Nancy

2 comments:

Cristina Garay said...

That is a cute drill! :) hah that's sound funny! I need to do the same thing, go and buy me a new drill!

Patty Wiles said...

Thank you for visiting and love this drill! I still use an old Black and Decker electric one that is about 20yrs old....have a great day!