Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter day

I wanted to share with you my centerpieces....
This was what I created from garden flowers for the table, however it was too big for the table so that everyone can see each other....so, I created a smaller one for the table....

I was really happy that the roses started to bloom for me, as when I went to two florists their selection wasn't very good and expensive (try $5 a rose!).
Last night we made the apple cake and let it cool all night so we could frost in the morning....
And see the hot cross buns?? What a tale that was....
I found a great recipe online, from "Taste of Home Cooking", and we knew it would make a large number, it said about 72....that is if you make them perfectly the same size....our large dough made 80+!

The dough itself was amazing....huge, huge, huge! It filled the 6 qt professional Kitchen-Aid bowl and took both my daughter and me to knead in the last 3 cups or so of flour....

And then it started to rise, it rose in half the time the recipe said (see my post about White Lily flour), and the second rising was 15 mins!
As we were cutting it up, it was visibly rising! She had thought I was exaggerating about the rising and all, but she got to see first hand the difference!
I hope that you have a fabulous Easter....blessings.....
Nancy


3 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I should make those cross buns sometime. I have seen it at the store, but never tried to make it.

Anonymous said...

Wе stumbled oveг here frοm a dіfferent wеbѕіte and thought I
might check things out. ӏ liκe what I see so noω i
am following yοu. Looκ forward to finԁing оut
abοut уouг web ρage for a second timе.



Feel free to surf tо my blog post ... Phoebe

Cristina Garay said...

I love the centerpiece arrangements, the burlap design on the vase made them so unique! I wish I were a better baker, if I try to make those buns, I'm more than sure the dough is not going to rise! :)