Sunday, February 10, 2013

The chair that wouldn't fit

Last night, our friends that came to dinner, brought a special "hostess gift", a wing chair.
It is a lovely old chair that I have admired and envisioned differently. They couldn't sell it. They even put it out on the curb with a curb alert with no takers.
It needs to be recovered and as so many of you know, this is an expensive proposition. My friends didn't want the chair, it no longer fit what they were doing.
Honestly, it is one chair too many here. I don't need it, but, I can't resist a wing chair, let alone a free one. So, here it is.....
It couldn't fit at any angle through the doors of the rooms....I wanted to put it into the "craft" room to work on, but no, it didn't fit. So, they left it at the end of the hall....
This morning, I moved it with Hubby to the livingroom, that is where I will be working on it. I may exchange the wing chair I have right now with it, when it's done....it is more the same height with Hubby's chair. The other chair, might look nice at the dining table...we will see.....
Here is the close up...


So, what are my plans?  Dunno.
I have thoughts of doing a "deconstruction" of it, much like the Restoration Hardware types, however....we will see. I have some fabric that might work, though we shall see......
Stay tuned...
Nancy

2 comments:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

There's something about it being free that gives you more freedom to experiment in ways you wouldn't do otherwise. I'd love to see it deconstructed :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What about painting it, you could try that first:) Just a suggestion! It's a neat chair!