Friday, February 1, 2013

Slipcover puzzle

I am not great at making slipcovers, least of all for recliners.
Yes, we have two matching recliners which are typical recliners, but ......recliners none the less.
They are about 13 years old give or take and the fabric has begun to wear. They are from the days when everything we had was blue. I have mended them once on the foot rest portion, but even that has now worn, more on my Hubby's chair than mine. We looked into getting them recovered and I even went on a fabric hunt. But, even with cheaper fabric our upholsterer would charge a fortune. I want wood floors more than that, you know?
So, I found a solution, temporary I am sure, but getting out of the "blue" zone feels so much better.
See the different fabric on the foot rest? Yeah, I did that about two years ago....It is time.
Sure-fit to the rescue...I hope...
I ordered them from Amazon...I needed two. There was one on Overstock, but only one.
So, it can be done...
I think.
The directions are minimal, but really not bad. And I knew going into this that fit might be off, these are not typical recliners.
No, not perfect, and I will keep "tweaking", but much more soothing...for now....
Their "stretch suede" covers. Cheaper than new chairs, and way cheaper than recovering....it is an option, and I took it.
Now I just have to wait until Hubby comes home.....
Nancy

1 comment:

Shelia said...

I've never used slip covers before but I know they would be less expensive that re upholstery.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)