Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just a loafin along....

I am loafin....
Making more bread that is. I have friends who are now buying my bread, that is great because then I won't eat it! It is so fun.....positively addicted to making bread!
I made a Spiced Whole Wheat, several French breads and rolls, in three days!!

The rolls above were from a recipe on the back of the flour bag.
I can't tell you how very different this flour is from any other flour I have ever used! Think of making bread. In the past years I have made bread, it was at least a four to six hour operation. Rising and rising again.
Well, this flour is super powered....it rises in 15-20 minutes, 30 on a frigid day. Really.
What is the flour? I posted about it before, White Lily....
Seriously, if you are into making bread, don't even bother with a bread machine....You will never go back to any other flour.
And then, today, after I got up and made this loaf (above) for my friend, the sun was out and so I went into the garden. We need to harvest the parsley and dry some! And I had to thin the French Radishes, they are growing so well....
These will be appetizers tonight. Yummmmm.
What is growing in your garden??
I just wanted to share with you....
Nancy

5 comments:

Nicole @ Mendez Manor said...

Hi there - Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE bread too. I seriously think I could live on just bread! Haha! I am a now following you via GFC.

www.mendezmanor.com

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Nancy, your bread looks so delicious! I'm sure your house smells heavenly while it is baking. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this lovely post at my Make it Pretty Monday party which is still live. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/02/make-it-pretty-monday-week-38.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Nancy,
I can just smell your delicious bread all warm out of the oven with butter...Oh my, now I'm so hungry.
I have tried to make bread a few times but I don't think I have the magic touch. Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a kind note, its a pleasure meeting you.
I have become your newest follower.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Suzan Sweatman said...

Hi Nancy - came by after you left a sweet comment on my blog - your bread looks wonderful!!!
I am your newest follower!
Big hugs,
Suzan

Anne said...

looks so very yummy! Love the cushion in your header, too - that's pretty yummy!!!

xox