Monday, February 4, 2013

Gotta paint

Those of you who have been following me for a while, know that once in a while, I just "gotta paint"...
I have been looking for things to paint with ASCP, my favorite is French Linen.
Well, I found what really needed to be painted. It is this painting that I love as I walk down the hall back to the kitchen. It had an old oak frame, which was ok, but it was bothering me against the new grey on the walls. So, after thinking about it for months, today was the day.
 You can see the old oak frame.....
 and the little chip brush I use....
this is a sample pot of ASCP in French Linen....I bought it at Peinture.......

So, after taping, I began.....

After painting, I waxed with clear wax and then went over it with a light amount of dark wax....and then impatiently waited for it to dry....so the dark wax would still be there.....
and then 30 mins later it was done......
Yes, really, 30 mins.....



This color looks so much better next to the taupey grey I have on the walls.....
I wonder what I should paint next????
Have a great rest of your day.
Nancy

4 comments:

Marina PĂ©rez said...

Hi, my name is Marina and I live in the south of Spain, I like your blog ( paint, bread, your house )
Here you are a new follower.

http://marinainblue.blogspot.com.es/

Junkchiccottage said...

Cute blog. Glad you found me now I have found you. I am a new follower.
Kris

chateau chic said...

Your frame turned out great! Perfect way to update a frame.
Mary Alice

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the new color of the frame...yes, very nice against the wall....I am painting as we speak...waiting for the first coat to dry!!...an addition to my sunroom....
Have a great day!