Thursday, February 7, 2013

Again!!

Painting that is! Again!
Yup, I got this dark basket a few months ago, but always felt it too dark. So, yesterday, while waiting for the carpet cleaner, I painted this basket. I used Paris Grey, which to my eyes is just a soft blue with a hint of grey. It looked too blue...so later I gave it a light coat of French Linen.

Here it is, dark, dark, dark. And here it is is Paris Grey.

And here it is this evening, serving to hold wood. Well, it was until Hubby burned the wood.

The handle is flipped forward, it is still Paris Grey...
The burlap is too keep wood chips and dirt in the basket....
This picture shows you how Paris Grey is a bit blue and French Linen has green tones to it....
Hope you have a great weekend.
Wanna know what I am planning? I am going treasure hunting tomorrow, having friends to dinner on Saturday and probably painting this old chair on Sunday...
This chair has been in the family for generations. It also has been repaired so many times that the wood shows all it's repairs...and well, it is time for a renovation. My mother would approve if she were here. I am choosing, what else but French Linen and a beautiful toile that she would also love. I covered this chair many years ago with this black fabric which at the time was all the rage...but I am ready for a change and I think the chair may be too. I will let you know.....
Have a great weekend.
Nancy

4 comments:

Marina PĂ©rez said...

Beautiful! what would we do without paint?

Marina

Cynthia said...

You're going to have fun with that chair! I can tell it's going to be beautiful! Your basket turned out sweet... I've just recently discovered painting baskets, its a real great way to change the look!

Junkchiccottage said...

So pretty. Love your cute new basket.
Kris

Helena, Craft and Creativity said...

The basket turned out really nice!

Thank you for visiting my blog! I'm happy you liked my book recycling. :-)

Kind regards /Helena, Sweden