Sunday, January 20, 2013

Making bread

Do you bake bread? From scratch?
I have loved to make it for years, but lately, I have this one recipe for French Bread (not sourdough) that is easy and fun and apparently quick. Really.
Yesterday, I made two loaves of bread in 2 hours. Of course, we had a very warm day and the dough was cooperating.
The first loaf, I tried to rush, feeling so confident....and poured in all the flour at the same time. It was good, but a bit tough.
The second loaf, I was more careful in the addition of the flour and then, at the end I was out of flour. So, looking in the cupboard I found with no more flour to spare, and I only needed a bit I added Old Fashioned Oats. Yup, I did.
And you know what? It was the best loaf! We ate it tonight with our stew....very yummy.
Let me know.
Do you bake bread?
Nancy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Nancy,
Love the smell of fresh baked bread. Nothing like getting a warm piece straight from the oven with butter spread on it. I've never put oats in bread before, might have to give that a whirl. Sounds like it would be good. Thanks for the tip.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

I used to bake bread, it was the friendship sour dough bread. I loved it but you had to bake two loaves too often. Had to stop...
Hope you are having a great week!

Brandi said...

I baked bread few times before. There is a really great recipe I found on Pinterest. Your loaves look great. I bet they were delicious with your stew.