Thursday, January 31, 2013

Limey!

Ok. So for months I have been looking for lime recipes. I found a few recipes, not many are really useable. I failed and wasted lots of limes. But, one thing that is no fail, making lime juice and freezing it for future use. My problem has been using a hand squeeze juicer. Too many limes for these arthritic hands. So, Hubby let me order the attachment for the KitchenAid. Surprise, it isn't expensive, not from Amazon, and since I was ordering another attachment (the slicer/shredder seen in an earlier post) there wasn't shipping!
Yesterday I tried it out and with the gathered limes, I juiced six cups worth! They are in the freezer. Yay!
For the DIYer in the kitchen, it is a good thing to have tools that can help. I was skeptical about how well it would work, but no more. Since my KitchenAid is out 24/7, having the attachments for it made sense (and cents..LOL). Waste not, want not....right?
Take care,
Nancy

No comments: