Sunday, December 23, 2012

Opulent bedding

I will let you, my readers, in on a secret.
As I make the beds for guests who will arrive...I want to make the coziest beds up for them.
I have been lucky enough this year to be able to snag many damask tablecloths and napkins.
A few tablecloths are huge, 80" x 112".  Now, that is a great size for a queen size sheet.
Now, imagine a cold winter night and true linen damask sheet, not too hot, not too cold and rich sleeping.
I know what you are thinking...but think about it. A large tablecloth that has few light little stains doesn't look great maybe on the table, but under a blanket...it is heaven!


I have a few that are smaller that will become pillowcases.
And just think, you don't Have to iron them!
If you are super handy, you could create a fitted sheet...
Just wanted to pass an idea along.
On to get ready for Christmas Eve...
I am making a basket of cookies with cocoa for some friends....

Merry Christmas to all!
Nancy

No comments: