Saturday, November 10, 2012

The chairs are back!

Remember when I was going to have the chairs in the livingroom? How I found a cool fabric and it was the last at this fabric store?
Here is the before.....

The wood was bleached and slobbered on and Tucker had ripped through the fabric. They were in great need to be recovered, restuffed and have new seats.....
Well, they are back! And they are wonderful! He cleaned them up and reapplied stain to make them fresh and new and he did such a great job of reupholstering them.....(if anyone needs a great upholsterer in Orange County, CA email me for info)....
Here they are now....



 The contrasting piping (I have piping envy because I am not good at sewing piping on...) is actually drop cloth fabric from Lowe's....as there wasn't going to be enough to make piping from the main fabric. I think it makes it "pop"....

We had Martin put the nail heads in, as these chairs used to have nails, and the other upholsterer ( about 22 years ago) had removed them to use piping....They look right at home here.
Seriously, having them done by a professional....yes, more expensive, but considering these were family "heirlooms", it does them justice...and no, Tucker is not allowed on them.....
Have a great weekend....
Nancy

1 comment:

Heather@http://southernabbey.com said...

Love your chairs! They really look fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll be sure to stop by regularly on yours. Looks like you love the look of chalk paint as much as I do!