Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving dinner

Hi all! I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one, and that you had all your loved ones with you.
This year, it was just the five of us as my Father-in-Law came home from his cruise sick and a couple of others couldn't come....so we had enough to feed about 10!
We made a regular two crust apple pie. We had a Dutch apple pie. We had a pumpkin pie and pecan tartlets. In addition to the turkey, stuffing and dressing, green bean casserole, creamed onions, mashed potatoes, gravy, twice baked sweet potatoes and orange glazed carrots. Yeah, and then we had pumpkin thyme dinner rolls and popovers!


 This is my daughter's apple pie. She likes two crusts and slices.
 I love a Dutch crust and chunks....

 These pecan tartlets are made without corn syrup using maple syrup and brown sugar and have marscapone in the crust!
The pumpkin pie has cream cheese in it...yummmmmm
 I used the toile plates that I have and a little pumpkin was on each plate...we had to say what we were thankful for and place the pumpkin in the center with the rest.
 I put the roaster in the laundry room on the washer and dryer (another case for a level washer and dryer top). I used the marble and towels to protect the new washer and dryer. I also (not shown) used more foil on the control panels of the washer and dryer...just to protect them a bit more. It worked beautifully! It gave me more counter space in the kitchen.....
 This is my daughter's plate...see the popover?? They are really spectacular!
Yeah, it was delicious. I don't really have to cook now for a week....well, maybe...
Have a great weekend! And be sure to check out my store...more new items have been posted!
Nancy

2 comments:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh my goodness! Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds/looks amazing!

Brandi said...

You dinner and desserts look so delicious. I wish I had more leftovers. Your plate is making me hungry!