Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gate leg table for a friend

I have a dear friend that I have known for years. She asked for my help in painting an old gate leg table so she could give it her son. It was old and dark, and he doesn't like things very dark, so she wanted to paint it white and asked about ASCP....well, if you have followed for long, you know I couldn't ignore that kind of request.....
So, I was so excited to start, I forgot to take "before" picture....so here is what I do have.....


 Here you can see the edge of the table that shows the dark stain....
 We started having some issues with lack of humidity, and the paint start to bind, unlike anytime I have painted before...and a couple of old spots bled through...so I lightly sanded with 150 grit sandpaper and feathered in some primer on those spots. When the primer dried, I painted another light coat over that, and it still bound up. I lightly sanded, again and left it for the night.
Here it is lightly sanded for the night, still looks pretty good though.....
The plan is to touch up a few areas, and then wax tomorrow, just in time for her son's birthday!
What fun to help a friend.....
What did you do today??
Nancy

No comments: