Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

So, I wanted to show you what my daughter and I did to decorate. We changed out the hutch from the usual china, to all whiteware...And she put up part of the village we have. We left out the little ones that they painted when they were little and a couple of the larger pieces so it would fit just on the "Hope Chest". And then we did the mantel. We made it simple as well. I tried to show you the mercury glass all lit, kinda hard to see...but it gives a nice glow.


Here are the stockings that I made about a month or so ago. I painted out the brass holders with French Linen, as brass just is not my thing and this works well with the paint on the wall...(sorry the picture is tilted)



What would you add to this?? I would love to hear ideas.
Our tree is not up yet, as we get a real cut tree and we don't want it to dry out. Do you have a real tree or fake?? What is your color scheme this year? Are you doing anything different this year? Let me know.
Nancy

No comments: