Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Saving more than pennies....

Well, the paint on the cupboards has cured enough to finally have the knobs put back on.
But, I didn't want to put back the brushed nickel knobs, I really wanted oil rubbed bronze. However, we purchased all these solid brass with brushed nickel knobs and though they were a bargain, it still would be $$ to replace. What do we do?? I bought a can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint! Yup, set up my spray booth in the garage and spray paint them! All 8 of them. I went to Home Depot, I could replace them with something similar for $3 ea. Cost of the can of paint? $7.69.

This is a picture down the hall at one set of linen cupboards...There is another by the bathroom door with the other 4 knobs....I think they are lovely!
Then, since there is more paint in the can, I decided after shopping online this AM at door levers and knobs and shopped at Home Depot, to do the same for the closets in the hall....


Here is what they looked like before...yup, brass...
Not bad for a day....
Now, I just have to tackle the hinges that show....but everything in time.....
Off to change the laundry...
Nancy

1 comment:

scrapbookluvr said...

Thank you for your post on painting the knobs black...that is just what mine need to be freshened up!!!