Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pashmina or stone??

Well, the last room to be addressed before Fall is totally here...the livingroom!
The paint is "linen white" from Benjamin Moore over 10 years ago...it is "getting me down"....It has yellowed and there are cracks in our plaster that need to be addressed....
So, I was sitting in the livingroom and realized that the drapes that I had gotten from Target over 5 years ago, had been hanging (I am embarrassed to admit) the entire time. They are dirty, saggy and very tired....So I had a great idea....take them down and get those drapes that I had purchased from Ikea for the party tables for our anniversary dinner!
I did that.....
Then the color on the wall, well... now it really stood out....ick!

Now granted, if I had my druthers, I probably would have picked a linen drape first...but these are a nice dark sophisticated grey and perfect for Fall and Winter as window coverings (even though they are extra long.....).
Here is where my readers can chime in....
I am looking at paint....the painter is going to give us a quote on Tuesday for the livingroom and Mr. M wants the hall done too......
So, I need a paint color....
Yesterday I went all over looking at paints.....
And, it looks like I want a grey tone, but not grey....
Something that goes with the rest of the house....


 That sample is "Pashmina"....

There is "Pashmina" from Benjamin Moore...it has a lot of grey, and is lovely, except, I think it is much too dark for the hall....
Then there is "stone" from Restoration Hardware...and in this morning's light looks a good deal like the old "bamboo beach". I mean "old" because before Vista paint was taken over by Benjamin Moore it has that grey in it and I love that color....the "new" bamboo beach is browner...
And....what should I do with the fireplace...it hasn't been painted in 18 years...the mantel in 8 years...change them??

Curious what you think...it is time for a fresh look...
Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The key is in the upholstery on your sofa and chairs. If you are not planning to reupholster, you might want to look in that color family. And, your hallway does not have to be the same color as your livingroom. Maybe check out some of the ideas here: http://www.countryliving.com/homes/decor-ideas/living-room-gallery#slide-1