Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday before the wedding....

We wanted to have our friends over, before the Sunday when their daughter gets married. It is a stressful time, and we wanted to have them over for a simple relaxing evening before more festivities...
So, I cleaned and swept and mopped...and started decorating for the Fall....



I am more into simplistic almost rustic looks these days, and though totally rustic can't work with the furniture we have collected over the 35 years together, I can say simplicity works best....
I set the table for our friends with a nod both to rustic and simplicity....

This shot is the dresser behind where I sit, I wanted to show you that....
And then the livingroom, well it needed a little Fall...


A pumpkin here, a squash there... and burlap sprinkled in between....When Halloween comes and goes not much will change I have to admit, but there may be a few more pumpkins to show...
Hope you all have a great evening and day tomorrow....
Nancy

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hi Nancy....

That pumpkin on your front porch is my very favorite variety. Just a little "bibbity-bobbity-boo"....and it becomes Cinderella's carriage!!!!