Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bucketful of limes....

Our lime tree has been dropping its limes, about a month early.
Yesterday, I went out and collected this bunch in a darling little bucket that I had aged...
It used to be a shiny galvanized bucket!
How to age a galvanized bucket and give it a great patina is simple.
Get a spray bottle and fill it with bleach.
Spray the bucket with bleach (I did this on my little potting bench outside inside of another big bowl). Leave it in the sun to dry.
Keep spraying over time and let the sun and time do the rest!
It took a few days and many sprays later.
The darling brass tag with the patina came from the Groves Antique Fair in Irvine from a vendor at the end of the first line of "booths".  I tied the tag on with the selvage from some linen fabric.
(I always keep the selvage from fabric, it comes in very handy as ribbon, ties for plants and of course tying brass tags!)
Hope you have a great treasure hunting day!
Nancy

2 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Wow, you are so clever. I just love the look of aged galvanized buckets. I hope you make something tasty with the limes.

Boho Farm and Home said...

What a great tip!! Thanks for sharing Nancy. I am going to do it!