Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Breakfast of champions!

Ah...breakfast....
Usually around here we have something fast....protein bars or toast or....
But today, as I get ready to celebrate three birthdays in our house, I decided that in order to do shopping and cleaning I needed a good breakfast. Something that has protein, good carbs and yumminess (is that a word?)
So, I pulled out a recipe I got years ago from a friend.
Cottage cheese pancakes!
I know what you are thinking, but here is the trick. Use your blender!
The blender whips it up and adds that creaminess and chops it all up so, really even the kids will like it!
You will need:

1/2 cup oats (use the old fashioned variety)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
4 eggs (I used two whole and two whites other recipes call for all whites)
1 tsp of vanilla
topping of your choice
Mix your ingredients in the blender until smooth and creamy
pour small pancakes onto very hot oiled griddle
cook as you do any pancake...they rise only a little, that is why some recipes use just egg whites for the "fluffiness"....
serve hot with topping of your choice....the topping shown is fig syrup....
4-5 4" pancakes makes a big serving,

double the recipe for more than two....this recipe fed just my hubby and I....
It will give you great protein for the day! Enjoy!
Nancy

No comments: