Monday, August 20, 2012

Wash Day

I have been on an enforced no laundry zone...as the washer died.
So, with a huge load of wash to do, I was eagerly waiting for the deliverymen to bring our new washer and dryer.
We did the "research" about washers and dryers...what is good, bad and ugly...
Now, each person has to do their own study of what works for them, and what they need.
We didn't need all the fancy bells and whistles, we didn't need steam cleaning (which I have read really isn't all that great anyway). I didn't want the front load as the people I have talked to hate them from the physical standpoint for loading and unloading on backs and the fact that once you put it on, it's over, no getting that sock that fell out of the pile into the load...to the fact that many people have a mold, mildew and odor problem with front loaders.
I have had top load forever, I didn't need that to change....
What I wanted was simple cleaning...nothing simple about machines these days...they tend to be louder, computer programed and all "high efficiency". I also don't like the "switches" on so many machines...they are like pill pockets that you pop to get the pill out....
So, we got Whirlpool. We bought them from good old fashioned Sears. Whirlpool makes Kenmore and that has been tried and true for all our machines.
Samsung was considered as its tub is really big! But, again I didn't like the switches and the dryer door didn't open the way I needed. So, we bought the simple old fashioned "knobs" machine. It is a bit noisy...It doesn't have a center agitator (none of them do now...)so it holds plenty!
So, those of you readers who may be interested...our old machine was 17 yrs old. The dryer, which was still working, but letting us know that it wouldn't for much longer, was 23 years old.
So, far I am pleased with the new machines...they are working fine...
 with the old machine the huge mountain of laundry would have taken two days, I am almost done with this pile. Hopefully, this washer and dryer last a long, long time....
Here's to hoping....
Nancy
 Before they were removed......
And after they were installed.....

2 comments:

Kerry said...

As much as I hate to do laundry, I hate it even more when the washer/dryer aren't working! I agree, keep it simple, the fewer bells and whistles the better.

Anonymous said...

They look great