Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sunflower dreams

Today I cut back the sunflowers, some had already been cut and have been drying.
It is amazing how many seeds fit on an average sunflower, let alone a "Mammoth".
Unfortunately, worms have ruined some. Ah that's the price we pay when we are organic. But most of the seed seems okay. I sat there for a long while hand sorting and cleaning to package up seeds for friends.
In fact, if anyone wants some email me to let me know, I will send some...
I think the seed heads are almost as beautiful as the blooms, once you brush off the "yucky" stuff to expose the seeds....


 That is a lot of seeds....I even spent some time shelling some of the seeds....yes, these can be eaten...
I also have a great number of Moulin Rouge seeds if anyone is interested in those....
Let me know, I will get back to you!
Nancy

No comments: