Friday, August 17, 2012

Staying busy on hot days....

Today is overcast and muggy, though it looks like it should be cool, it isn't....
The last few days have been hot and humid, today is mild but humid...and ours fans are still running.
You haven't heard from me in a few days as I have been trying to catch up on the harvest of tomatoes, figs, and green beans.
My good friend called me with a harvest of the most beautiful strawberry red figs! They needed to be canned immediately...so I made jam....
And yes, it is the hottest days of year for canning, at least I did it early in the day so that all was done before it got super hot...but that is why everything gets ripe at the same time...heat....
And of course we are still harvesting beans, I actually cooked some last night with dinner right from the plant to the table...oh that was tasty!
I also have been painting a new chalkboard...
This second chalkboard (blackboard) is smaller than the first and I am using French Linen over Old white....so we will see, and it won't have all the appliques that the first one did.
By the way, the first chalkboard is for sale in my shop! If you are interested look at the shop (link is to the right of the post). Here are the pictures of the first chalkboard done with an "old barn wood" look...




So, one just kinda sits out the heat...
Stay cool and comfy...
Nancy

No comments: