Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sewing up a storm....

Yesterday was quite toasty out...so, I stayed in and sewed...
I completed the second of the two pillowcases I made for our bed...in a natural linen.

You know I believe in linen for sleeping. It has been documented to aid sleep. I truly believe that and my Hubby doesn't snore as much either! Also, with hot days, linen breathes better than any fabric, so for summer there is nothing better. It also resists mold, mildew and bacteria! What more can anyone want? Linen was the choice of Egyptians for their clothes and their mummies. So, our bed sports linen. It has a fitted sheet (we purchased from Williams-Sonoma Home years ago and Linoto).
It has a top sheet of linen....I found several on  E-bay just searching over the years...but the others came from Linoto and Rawganic. Yes, it is expensive. However, these sheets seem to resist stains and wear and tear better than cotton sheets. The best sheets are the old vintage French sheets and then Irish linen. Metis linen is linen and cotton blended. They tend to warmer, but wear well...I have a couple, because the lister on E-bay didn't know the difference. Pure linen is the fabric of choice around here.
Maybe that is why everyone calls me "The Linen Lady".....

Anyway, here is a glimpse of the pillowcases....I will be making some for the shop, finding a design I like and if my fabric source stays somewhat affordable....


Also in yummy linen, a loose weave linen are my new "pashminas" that I have in my store....I have a grey one and two red "pashminas".... get them while they are available....



These Pashminas are machine washable and dryable (though the fringe might get "fluffy"), I washed and dried the fabric before sewing. I used a picot edge on the two main sides so they should hold up. I am asking $60 for them.
Have a cool and great day!
Nancy

No comments: