Saturday, August 25, 2012

Questions

I have a problem and need you, my readers to help.
We have a labrador retriever that cannot tolerate any mailman. All because one mailman teased him miserably!
So, now, all mailmen or mailwomen are bad.
He has ruined the chairs that are on the window....
I made slipcovers to protect the chairs..which was no simple task. But, that only lasted a short time.
Now, his claws have gone through the fabric, stuffing and all....
Given the history of the chairs (some other time)....I want them to be recovered...
Here is the question.
What should I do??
I have a couple of thoughts....paint them the French Linen (a grey) and have the fabric from my table runner shown below used for the cushion and backing...
Or.....
should I paint them and use French Grain Sacks with a small stripe of blue or plain.....
Or....
should I leave them the rubbed patina the way they are and upholster them with grain sacks??
I worry about using the lovely fabric shown above...it is a bit too light a linen blend with backing...
and above all....
I think I will keep them turned to the window unless needed, but I do need to figure out something....I need input....
Here are the chairs....


 Below is a chair that "recovered" with a grain sack...and its little pillow...If I used a similar grain sack fabric, I would need several as they are an average of 20" wide.....

So, what do you think??? Ideas, anything that you think might work??
Let me know...
Nancy

No comments: