Monday, July 30, 2012

Jammin

No, not that kind of "jammin", making jam.
I am trying a recipe for tomato jam. If it is delicious, I will share it with you....
It is supposed to be better than catsup. Catsup often has corn syrup and I am allergic to all things corn. Do you know how many things are made with corn? Yeah, lots.
Anyway, I found this recipe as I was skimming around trying to figure out what I was going to do with all these tomatoes (let alone the ones in the freezer from last year!)
So, I found this recipe. It sounded divine and fairly easy. We will see. It takes up to 2 hours to simmer down to be ready.

In the meantime, I have been cleaning....and cleaning and cleaning. When you live with two labradors, you get dirt and fur and stuff throughout your house. Every once in a while things need to be fully stripped and washed and scrubbed! It is a good time to do that while waiting for....tomato jam!
Have a great evening!
Nancy

No comments: