Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Heaven's reflection in Sunflowers

This year's premier crop isn't the tomatoes, or squash, or even fava beans...it is the amazing sunflowers that I grew from seeds that I planted in April. I ordered them from an Etsian and also planted a Mammoth variety as well, which will bloom soon. But the first to bloom are the "Moulin Rouge" variety, which are a multi-headed variety.




The average height is 12', some are going to break that and reach 14'....but they are just amazing....
Wishing you a safe, sane and happy 4th of July!!
Nancy

2 comments:

chateau chic said...

Your sunflowers are amazing!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm a new follower,
Mary Alice

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What incredible height they reached. I think sunflowers are some of the happiest flowers you can grow.