Sunday, July 8, 2012

Crafty Sunday

Today was like most other Sundays....but then, inspiration hit.....
I decided to paint the matching frames that I got from a thrift store...They were pretty cool as they were, but in my design mind I picture them on either side of the bed in our room over each lamp....with a picture of a lake...in sepia tone....
So.....




I painted! and painted and painted.....
The before picture was forgotten...sorry....
The beginning first paint coat....forgotten...sorry...
But first I painted the frames with a brown coat...it is Primer Red and Olive Green mixed (thanks to Debbie Cooper for that).....
Then after that dried....
I dry brushed on Coco.....and let that dry
Then a very very light Old White brush on the high spots.....
Then when all was dry....
Clear wax and then a light dark wax....
and the last picture shows you what that looks like.
Hard to believe these were cheapo frames...
Here is where I want to put them...on either side of the bed over the light , lower than the big painting that is in the middle....
What do you think?? I would love comments...
Those who are interested...the big pillows are in grainsacks....they make great kind size pillowcases!
These two were purchased separately (about 4 months apart) from Grainsacks.etsy.com....I love them...and look how close to be the same they are!
Ok, so let me know what you think...
Nancy

No comments: