Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday is for quilting

Today, I was quilting.

It is a 74" x 76" quilt made from Moda Fabric that I am putting together for a friend's daughter. Her daughter is getting married in September. The quilt I am hoping to get finished by the shower at the end of June...but we will see.
My new sewing machine, (well new last year), can take the bulk beautifully and goes through like a champ, but my body isn't what it used to be. It is hard work to guide a large quilt through the sewing machine...
I am doing "stitch in the ditch" and haven't decided what exactly I will do for the borders yet....
The fabric if you are interested is "Grace" by Moda...wonderfully soft cotton. The batting is cotton and the backing is cotton muslin....
Hope you had a great day...
Nancy

No comments: