Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bright and early!

I had one of those nights, that ended early....I was awake at 3:30 am! Usually, I get up look at the computer for a while and can go back to sleep for another hour or two. Today, nope. My head started in on planning what to do today and what has to be done for the two parties we are having in June....yikes!
So, I got up, turned on the coffee and made blueberry crumb muffins. Yummy fresh from the bush blueberries.
Our blueberry bushes are quite productive this year...10 bushes = 1-2 cups of blueberries a day. Not bad.



Now in the picture you see a tall jar...that is going to be blackberry cordial...in about two months.

I found the recipe online, and it is fairly straight forward....berries, sugar and vodka....shake at least once a week, and voila, in two months cordial....The berries get removed and used perhaps over ice cream or something like that and use the cordial. I am playing with the recipe a bit for when my elderberries produce, which it looks like it won't be this year.
Hope you have a great weekend....I am off to a vintage car show this morning.....
Nancy

No comments: