Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Terrific Tuesday!

Well, it was a beautiful day in Southern California!
My friend and I went exploring, and found the newly opened Habitat for Humanity Restore store...
We used to like the old place where you could dig and find stuff...the new shop is neatly arranged and has things to offer, just a lot more expensive than it used to be...
Then we headed over to the Assistance League in Santa Ana, the Stor More, and Goodwill...I found a really cute little mirror for the section of fence that needed a little something....
Then, just for fun, we headed off to South Coast Plaza! We got a little coffee and walked into some of the stores that we like to drool over, such as Eileen Fisher, J. Crew, and a wonderful Italian shop with fantastic linen shawls that felt like cashmere! Yup, drool...that's all...not in our budgets...
Then, we went to H&M...ah better....she got a pair of jeans and while she was trying those on, I found darling Eileen Fisher knockoffs in linen! $12.95! Yup, much better....darling little t-shirts in linen one in a long sleeve, one tank and another darling dressy top...awesome....
So, when I came back the patio had been ground down so we no longer have the high trip hazards...not perfect...but so much better! What a wonderful hubby! And...when Kent went to go pay our neighbor who did the work, he said, "Happy Mother's Day!"...no charge! Pretty cool.....
So, we are getting there....
Here are some pix of the fence....
See the little mirror?? It has a little place to put a candle...cute for $3....just gives the fence a little jewelry....

 This is the flowering plum the kids gave me for Mother's Day about 12 years ago, it is dead now, and that's sad, so I am training the Eden climbing rose up into it! I love that rose, my daughter gave it to me for Mother's Day last year.....
This is the Santa Rosa Plum that died, which is very sad. We had grafted onto it too. At one time it had peaches, nectarines, other plums and apricots all growing on it. I have been told there is an air born disease that affects stone fruits in this area....Here I am training what is supposed to be a white Eden climbing rose....And it is where the hummingbird feeder is, which has to be refilled every third day...it is very busy...hence the sign I made....
Hope you have a great evening...drop me a line...
Nancy

2 comments:

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sounds like a fun day of shopping. Your little mirror is so cute on your fence, and won't that be pretty with a candle in it at night? I love that whole area with the window on the fence and the pretty bench. Great focal point in the yard. laurie

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh, what a pretty little spot in the yard!