Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shawna's visit

Our eldest daughter has a dear friend that I have known and watched grow up through middle school and high school. We went to her wedding 2 years ago. Today, she came to visit with her 2 month old baby daughter, Sophia. Oh my gosh. When did I get so old?
I made herbal tea and cinnamon fingers to serve...you gotta keep nursing moms up on food and fluid, right??

Cinnamon fingers, have you ever had one?? They are strips of bread, smothered in butter, then dredged in cinnamon sugar and baked for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees...oh so yummy. Not diet friendly, but good with tea.....
It was wonderful to see the new Mom...and her adorable baby....
 Now mind you, the young lady in the black and white shirt is my eldest, Emily...the young lady with the baby is Shawna, and the other young lady, is MY youngest, my baby, Melissa. Melissa is a newly wed soon to celebrate their first anniversary....oh my goodness....how time flies!

Thank you Shawna for sharing your little one....what a wonderful time....
Nancy

1 comment:

sandra said...

Wow! I like this post. I'm glad that I found this blog. The images are really nice.