Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pass the Peas please....

One of my goals is to raise as much of the produce as possible in our garden for Thanksgiving....
Today, I got to harvest my peas! I weighted them, it came out to four pounds. Probably when shelled, not enough to do much, but there are still more peas on the plants....so we will see.
Not bad for a little suburban backyard....
I also managed to make a blackboard from an old kitchen cabinet door that someone was throwing away....I glued on appliques and used my chalk paint ...and voila! A chalkboard....
Fun! I kept the cabinet door out of the trash, and got a chalkboard!
Have a great weekend....
Nancy

1 comment:

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Nancy, a couple of years ago I was hooked on making chalk boards in any and every sort of frame work I could, then I would sell them in my shop space they did real well for me and yours is no exception to the beauty and purpose it will add to your country kitchen where your garden will feed your soul :)

Nancy you mentioned that I was lucky to have a place to create, there was a time when I was creating here and there, where I would have to sand and strip things down at a friends and then bring it home to tarp my kitchen to then paint for a couple of days in it. So I say if it is your desire to salvage something you find a way to do what you want with it.
Even if you have to sand in a drive way to then paint it curbside you will find many rewards creating in the most unexpected places :)

Thank you for your beautiful visit to my place and your encouraging comment. I am hopeful that your garden will produce enough peas, and just enough to give beautiful thanks to :)

Blessings sweet friend.
xx
Dore